Friday, September 12, 2008

OH MY!

Dirk said something to me about writing in my blog so I am going to try and keep it up this year so that all of you can read about my super exciting life (just kidding) But really I will try to keep it updated this year, just keep reminding me.

So this last week Mom and I flew to LA to try out for Tokyo Disney. I know that you called me to ask about it and I tried calling you back but you both never answered so..... here goes. I tried out in a big studio with about 150 other dancers there. I was a little intimidated at first but decided that I was just going to have fun! So that's what I did.

I was number 72, and after I got my number we all went into a studio room and watched a video with clips of the shows that they put on for Tokyo Disney to get a feel of what they expected. They then told us that they were looking for people with the right look? The right LOOK? What does that mean right? Anyways then we learned a ballet combination and practiced and they made cuts after we performed it in groups of 4. There were only 20 people that they kept...and 2 people that I watched and thought were AMAZING didn't even make it. They once again told us that they were looking for people that had the right "look" for what they were casting for. I guess I didn't look the part because I was cut.

I prayed a lot before going in and auditioning. I prayed that if it was good and right that I would be able to have this opportunity to dance in Tokyo. Since I didn't get picked I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Although it still is a little sad to not get picked. But I have thought of all the positives that will happen to me by staying. I get to keep going to school, I get to be with my friends and family, and I get to go on the family vacation next summer. (If you think of anymore positive things let me know!) So I am ok. Do not worry. It just made me realize that I love dancing! and I have decided I need to take classes while I am here at BYU so that I will be able to have that in my life still. So there you have it.

Also this week I had my first Anatomy lab.... which I think is going to be really cool even though I have to memorize 100 terms a week. It is really interesting to me so hopefully that will help out. I am currently memorizing the bones in the skull, jaw, and sternum/ribcage area...SUPER FUN! And we start working on cadavers in 2 weeks!

Also tomorrow will be a jam packed day of fun! First BYU vs. UCLA in football, then I am going on a hot date (mom was really excited for me haha), he is 6'1'', with red hair, dances on the ballroom team, and is really fun to hang out with, so hopefully the date will be fun. After that me and a bunch of my friends are going disco skating! ( I will post pictures ) Well so far that is my life.
Remind me to keep this updated! I love you all so so much!

1 comments:

Dirk and Marissa Black said...

Hi Kelli Jo!

I like your blog. Thanks for updating us on what's going on in your life. We love you.