Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween and voting


Well there you have it. I was a gangster for Halloween. Almost all of the clothing I am wearing belongs to Nathan haha. And yes I did purchase that hat from the amazing clothing store that is Gen-X. I felt so cool going in there you don't even know! Oh and my bling is totally a tin can lid covered in foil, because you know, I'm crafty like that :)

Well Halloween was this last weekend woohoo! And last week during FHE we carved pumpkins to get ready for it. Jenn, Andy, and I clearly were feeling school spirited and made this amazing Y pumpkin. The only downfall was that pumpkin's shell was almost 4 inches thick! It was a very labor intensive carve but we succeeded and obviously we all need to go into sculpting or something of that nature.

Halloween would not be the same without a ward party and then a dance party! Last friday our ward got together and had a chili cook-off, scavenger hunt, games, and of course a costume contest! Julie, my roommate, and her boyfriend WON! They were Barbie and Ken, complete with an attached ipod that played the song "Barbie Girl." It was amazing!Also yesterday I got to vote in my first ever presidential election. And on the plus side I didn't even have to wait in line or anything. So all in all the whole process took me 15 minutes; from signing my name to get in, to receiving my I VOTED sticker as I left. Although now I am a little bit scared of where our country is headed. I'll be honest I didn't really want either of the candidates but I decided to go with the lesser of 2 evils. And in other voting news, does anyone know if proposition 8 passed in California, or do we not know yet?

And my life as of now consists of: studying, testing, reading, eating, sleeping, dating, smiling, laughing, and partying with the roommates. Life is GREAT! I love you all!

2 comments:

The Lowe Family said...

...and kissing Byron!! Your pictures are way cute. You look totally BUCK!! (A little "So you Think you can Dance" for you)

The Lowe Family said...

Kelli,
I'm tagging you! Check out the rules on my blog. Love you mucho!