Wednesday, March 31, 2010

OH happy day!

Just some of my reflections about things that have made me happy lately. Not big things, just little things that make you feel good or content or whatever. Little simple happy moments that I thoroughly enjoy.

Wearing sandles for the first time this year. It has finally started warming up a little here in Utah, and on Monday I actually wore sandles ALL DAY long. I emphasize "all day" because if you know Utah then you know the weather can change in a matter of hours during the spring. But not on Monday! It was a 64 degrees and sunny. Now today on the other hand it is most likely going to snow/rain same as tomorrow. But still I had the one pure day of joy of not wearing socks and letting my toes wiggle out in the fresh warm air yay!

Three songs in a row on the radio that I blasted and sang my little heart out to. They just make me smile and even tho passer bys may be looking at me funny that's ok it's all about jammin' out in my car on my way to or from school. What songs are they you may ask? Well you should definitely look them up and listen to them if you have never heard them before they will literally put a smile on your face especially if you picture me dancing and singing in my car :) Said songs: Hey Soul Sistah, by train, Party in the USA , by Miley Cyrus, Just Haven't Met You Yet, by Michael Buble. Also just announcing those in my mind as I typed them out made me feel a little like a radio station DJ calling out my favorite hits.

Going to Macey's grocery store and buying almonds. My new favorite salty snack food is almonds. But not just plain almonds those are not so good....they MUST be flavored. And I found a new flavor to try out: Salt and Vinegar. Now I love me some salt and vinegar chips they are delicious and so are these almonds, absolutely delicateable! My other favorite flavor of these little nuts of joy (almond joy, get it, cheesy, oh well) but the wasabi and soy almonds. If you have not tried these go to your closet nut aisle and purchase some they are only 3 dollars for a good size container. And being the health ed. major that I am let me educate you on the benefits of almonds. They lower your LDL cholesterol levels (this is the "bad" cholesterol) and reduce your risk for heart disease WOOHOO! Delicious and healthy, go almonds!

Last little bundle of joy I have recently experienced is showers. Ok yes, showers are wonderful and fantastic ya da ya da. My family can testify that I love my showers and even when I'm trying to hurry they never are less then 15 minutes. But showers after you work out are probably 100 times better then normal everyday showers. Yesterday I went and did my work out and afterwards you feel gross and sweaty and your sweat is even crystallizing on your face into gritty salt, this may be a little too much info but oh well. And then I hop in the warm shower and clean all this gritty, dirty, yuckiness, off of me and BOOM! I'm super clean, I feel so much cleaner then I would if I had a regular shower. Just sitting there in my pajamas freshly clean is a simply wonderful feeling.

So there you go a little snap shot into my life of little things that really put a smile on my face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just tell you how much I love you :) I am so happy that you are now keeping up on your blog! You should check mine out and add me to your list (because I did the same for you!) I hope school is going well...the semester is almost over!!

Julie and Jesse said...

kelli jo! you have a blog?!!!!! omg this makes me so happy! :-)