Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Creeper Rob

As many of you know my family recently moved, and when I say moved I mean we moved from Orem to Orem, South to North, exciting and at the same time not anything that different. So with the move came me going to a new singles ward. Singles wards are good and bad at the same time. They have lots of fun, amazing people, but they also have some weirdies. These people are classified as being over 30 years old and still attending, or the ones who ask you out over and over again when you clearly are not interested. Now I have been attending this ward for 3 or 4 weeks now and so far I have not had any strange single's ward story, until this last Sunday.....

Sunday was great, really it was, until it came to sacrament meeting. Sacrament meeting is last for my church schedule and usually starts with me meeting a few new people every week. I'm slowly starting to learn everyones names, it's a long process. So I sit down on my regular pew (middle section, mid-way to the speaker, middle of the bench). And I say hi to the people by me, make some small chat, and that is mostly it. But this Sunday I met a boy, lets call him Rob, because well, that's his name.

Now Rob seemed like an okay guy the first 5 minutes I talked to him before sacrament started....and then things started getting weird. When I first sat down Rob and I were 2 feet away from each other. Comfortable distance for singles ward sacrament. He was sitting very close to his little group of friends, and I was sitting by a girl I met in relief society. Then as we sang the first hymn he shared my book....I am completely fine with sharing hymn books but he was 2 feet away and sitting close to his friend who had a book. Then after the hymn he discreetly adjusted his pants and scooted closer to me. He then progressed to putting his arm behind me along the bench, not touching me, but still a little weird to do if I just met him 10 minutes ago. This pattern of scooting closer and putting his arm behind me kept going strong until he was literally sitting on my skirt and his arm was rubbing against mine. He also kept leaning over, getting super close to my face, and whispering things which he thought were clever or witty, but really they were not. UGH! I was so annoyed and felt so uncomfortable at this point. There were still 30 minutes left of sacrament. Kill me! Clearly the leaning forward and away from him, with my legs crossed away from him is not clear body language that I am uncomfortable.

I was really debating on just leaving sacrament early. I was not paying attention to the speakers at all. I was just annoyed and couldn't get out of there soon enough! As "amen" was said I quickly picked up my purse and stood up, preparing to book it out of there as quickly as possible. But no, the middle of the row means I have to wait for other people to leave instead of crawling all over them to get out. Maybe I should have just dropped to the ground and army crawled under the benches and out of there....So as a stand up I hear "Oh! Wait Kelli, I have an extremely important question for you." Oh great buddy, just let me leave and stop being creepy. So I turn around and it all happens so quickly that I really didn't even have time to think about my answers or make up good excuses. Let's just say he wants to watch a world cup game, and then he gets my phone number. Man, looks like I am just going to have to be busy or have other plans every time he calls. Now this story may not sound creepy, but it was definitely very uncomfortable. Now every time he calls it says Creep Rob on my phone..... yay for single's wards!

If you have seen the new Charlie's Angels this guy is super creepy in it, hence being included in the creeper post. I mean just look at him....

2 comments:

kelsie rae. said...

hahahahaha i do not miss moments like this in singles ward. especially home "stake" singles ward if you know what i mean :) i'm sorry kelli. i'm sure he would have gotten it form the ward directory if you hadn't of given it to him haha.where exactly are you guys in north orem? are you with timpanogous people or still mv?

Anonymous said...

Oh Kelli I love you! I miss you girl and I hope that you are having a wonderful summer :) There are some concerts at our fair here in Oregon and if you feel like a road trip Boys Like Girls are performing here!!