Friday, June 18, 2010

SUMMER IS HERE!!

I realize for some of you summer may have already started....but not for me, because I decided to take Spring Term classes at BYU. This was my first time taking Spring classes and if I would have known how much work they were, since the semester is so condensed, I probably would have changed my mind. But I SURVIVED!!! and I don't ever want to take a spring or summer semester again. This was my life for the last 7 weeks, no joke, I would: wake up, go to work, then do some homework, go to class=3 hours, go home, maybe get there in time to eat a warm dinner, do more homework, go to bed. Sometimes I would spice things up and make a mosaic for humanities or go to a meeting with my group for Mcomm, but those were rare. Also did you know that mosaics take a REALLY long time to make.....well they do.

So now I am on to summer! All I have to worry about is going to work, and then filling the rest of my days with funstuff. In preparation for this summer I have come up with a list of ideas that maybe just maybe I can accomplish this summer:

  1. Refinish my kitchen table
  2. Strip wallpaper
  3. I realize the first 2 may not be considered "funstuff" but I am kinda excited about them...weird...maybe?
  4. Go to the mona rope swing, and eat at the run down burger joint that has delicious pastrami burgers
  5. Hike all of Y mountain. I just barely found out the trail goes past the Y and am now very curious as to where it leads
  6. Hike Timp, I have lived her 10 years so it should be about time to finally do that one
  7. I want to go fishing! I haven't been in forever.
  8. Get better at golfing, hone my skills you know?
  9. Go to the Clark Planetarium-laser light show oh ya!
  10. Move in with Jenn Watson in the Fall. Childhood friends reunited at last! We will then work together, have classes together (same major), and live together, and I don't even think we will get sick of each other. Love that girl!
  11. Go bike riding a lot! Since my hip is retarded and snaps out and is painful, riding bikes is a good option for me. So instead of running the provo river trail, I will bike the trail and still enjoy the beauty of the canyon. Next step new tires for my bike so I can actually ride it, bullheads are the devil when it comes to my tires.
  12. Really want to plan a St. George trip, we'll see how that goes.
  13. Lava hot springs
  14. Go boating! Sun and water are my weakness, those two elements combined make me a very happy girl!
  15. Fourth of July/3rd of July, stadium of fire fireworks, or I am going to head to Delta for the demolition derby. Both are solid ideas.
  16. I almost forgot! Wasatch Roller Derby! Totally going!
  17. Alpine slides/zip-line, I haven't done those in years!
Alright that is all I've got for now, let me know if you have any fun ideas and I will incorporate them into my list. Happy Summer!

Also best mom quote lately: "So, do you think he's groovin' on you?" In reference to me telling her about a boy. I love that woman, and am now going to incorporate that saying into everday life.

1 comments:

Jenn said...

So I just found your blog...I'm in love with it. And this list!! May I please accompany you on like all of these???!!