Monday, March 7, 2011

strength

I am currently taking an exercise physiology class for my minor. Basically it is the bomb, and I may complain about it but it seriously is one of my favorites.

Today we went into the weight room to start our own personal strength training program. I was kind of excited about this, seeing as I do work out pretty regularly, and consider myself to be in good shape. This is more due to my 15 years of rigorous dance classes than to anything else. But get this,

I can leg press 200 pounds! My 5'3" frame is strong! However, I could not relish in this moment for too long because then I went to the bench press. I have never benched pressed in my life, until today. A measley 60 pounds...I'm ashamed. Regardless of this I am still lovin' that 200 pounds. So thank you dancing days for giving me super powered legs, and toned arms that look nice but don't really do anything. Bench press is mostly your pecs right? That's what I'm going to go with.

I feel like I have posted a lot of videos on here lately. But I couldn't pass this up.
This is how you feel sometimes when your teachers want you to hit an exact position.

0 comments: